The Spent Penny

Friday, April 20, 2007

"All I know is, I was crazy, but..this man, he made be less crazy"

Today is the 20th of April,

And as I sit here in my buttowndown from Express, And BDG Corduroy pants (from Urban Outfitters) with a wedding ring on my finger, "intense auburn" dyed hair with 2 gauge holes in my ears with black earlets, I remember 4ish years ago when I was a "hippie" and what God's done in my life.

Insane cycles of mania and depression are also wrapped up in my former "hippie" persona. My dreads (all three of them that actually locked) My handmade (by mom) Corduroy patchwork pants, and hemp "man-sack." Things change, and change a lot, for the better.

I'm not bashing the "hippieness" of my former years, of the music, dreads, pants, man-sack...(well, maybe the dreads a little) But moreso just making a written altar of the ways in which the Lord has changed me on this "hippie" holiday that causes me to remember.


God is good, and he draws all things even closer to him. I'm, as of yet no great theologian. I don't know that I'll ever be.

However, I CAN say for certain, especially as I sit here waiting to leave for an interview for a new job, that, "All I know is I was incapacitated, lost in my own self-pity, and now I'm free!"


Lord, thank you that you've given me such a story. Give me the grace and boldness to let people know why I am not who I used to be, and never to forget your goodness and faithfulness in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home